6 very important things that had been sitting in my work bag since before the quarantine
it feels like both 5 years and 5 hours ago since my job went from partially to 100% remote in response to the covid-19 pandemic. after my last day in the office, i came home and dropped my work bag to the side like i did every night and that’s where it remained, basically untouched, for about two months. i would like to share with you the six (6) most important things i found when i finally cleaned it out.
going clockwise from the top:
- a builders protein bar (chocolate peanut butter flavor) which is a great vegan source of protein and sweets. i always keep something like this in my bag in case i get stuck during my commute and hungry. i likely won’t be getting stuck in a commute anytime soon so i’m now eating said protein bar as i write this.
- a $50 gift card from a very fancy restaurant that my partner andy took me to for my birthday. even though i told them over phone, text and in person about my coconut allergy, they still served me a dessert with coconut in it. i will say that when they realized the mistake, they handled it extremely well (they even comp'ed our mocktails). i would most definitely go back if they survive the shutdown.
- a pair of indian runner duck earrings from cardboard reality, a shop run by a couple of artists/farmers in ontario. andy got me these and some of their pins after i started becoming obsessed with indian runner ducks. i plan to repurpose them as pins, because as earrings they’re not quite my style (andy knew this would be the case).
- a foursquare pen that i got from their booth at a twilio product conference in 2017. i wanted to become friends with the foursquare folks, so i had left some glitch stickers and a note for them for when they got back from their break. as soon as i walked away, though, i saw some conference attendee go to the booth and steal all of the stickers! it’s been three years and i’m still seething!!
- a $5 coupon from my local indie bookstore, word. this bookstore rules and i cannot wait to be able to go back and look at all the pretty notebooks and pens even though i have more than enough at home.
- a whole coffee bean, thrilling!
of course there were more things in my bag, like my umbrella and a variety of drugstore lip glosses that never really got the job done, but this post is about the important things.
take care of yourselves, xoxo jenn